- Sessions are scheduled during daytime and evening hours Monday - Friday, and daytime only on Saturday.
- There is a modest materials fee for taking a workshop.
- Trainees are required to attend all sessions from beginning to end, and must demonstrate their knowledge, skills and an understanding of QPTV’s Rules & Procedures before a certificate of completion can be issued.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Training usually takes place in Fall and Spring. Registration dates TBA.
Studio Production Workshop
Trainees will learn every aspect of producing a program in QPTV’s three camera production studio. Students will get hands-on experience in multiple microphone set-ups, switching using a special effects generator and lighting. Students will also learn how to produce a live call-in show where viewers can participate in their program.
Each trainee will participate in a group project during the tenth session, and will be required to produce an individual project, which is necessary for certification, within six months.
3 Hours 10 Weeks $85
Studio B Training
Studio B training is open to all QPTV Studio Certified Producers.
Training consists of one 3 hour session with a QPTV instructor. Studio “A” Certification is a prerequisite for taking the Studio B Workshop. (New Studio Trainees will receive Studio B Training as part of their 11 week training cycle.) The maximum number of trainees in each workshop will be five. We encourage producers to team up with one to four members of their regular crew and come in together for Studio B training.