QPTV's program schedule consists of Series and Specials.
All program applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and are not a guarantee for a timeslot.
Series Programs are scheduled through QPTV's Lottery Process.
Specials are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis in any available time slots in our schedule.
We will accept two (2) tapes per submission at one (1) submission per month.
Specials are scheduled at least a month in advance.
QPTV accepts programs on DVCAM format only.
Tapes must be properly labeled.
Half-hour programs may not exceed 28:30 and hour programs may not exceed 58:30.
By QPTV | Friday, September 30, 2011 | Media Release
The New York City Family Justice Center, Queens in partnership with the Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence and the Greater Queens Chapter of the Links, Inc., hosted a panel presentation, “Stolen People Stolen Dreams”, to raise awareness about human trafficking.
Yolanda B. Jimenez, Commissioner of the Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence, opened the event which brought together survivors, elected officials, City agencies, law enforcement officers, legal experts, community-based organizations, and activists to discuss important aspects of human trafficking.
Commissioner Jimenez and Patricia Thomas, President of the Greater Queens Chapter of the Links, Inc., along with their Co-Chairs, Joi Gordon, Joan Brown, and Executive Director of Family Justice Center, Queens, Alexandra Patino, worked tirelessly to bring forth this discussion.
Some of the participants included: Sheila White:
- Outreach Worker and Development Associate, Girls Educational and Mentoring Services (GEMS)
- Lori Cohen, Esq.: Attorney, Center for Battered Women’s Legal Services, Sanctuary for Families
- Rita Abadi: Operations Manager and Clinician, Mt. Sinai Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program (SAVI)
- Assistant District Attorney Anthony Communiello: Chief of Queens District Attorney’s Office Special Proceedings Bureau (speaking on behalf of Assistant District Attorney Jessica Melton of Queens District Attorney’s Office Special Proceedings Bureau)
- Jonathan Walton: Poet, Activist, and Director, NYC Urban Project, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship
- The Honorable Joseph Crowley
Tune in to QPTV as Roslyn Nieves brings you this very important show: QPTV Presents: Queens Perspectives Human Trafficking: “Stolen People, Stolen Dreams”